Monday, August 25, 2008

Card Templates for Outdoor Scenes

These could be a lot brighter and more elaborate, if someone had the time and imagination to experiment. Place the sail on the folded edge, or edge of the paper, with the end of the boat on an edge, too. The boat and fish on the left are cut from a linen-look pastel card stock, and outlined with puff paints and glitter glues. If you find the glitter glues difficult to manage, try this hint: always turn your paper so that your strokes and lines will go from left right if you are right handed. The boat and fish on the right are cut from construction paper and colored with metallic crayons, which is a good project for children.
Here are the templates. Hopefully the lines will show up much better when printed out.

4 comments:

Domestically Inclined said...

Thanks so much for encouraging ladies in God's word and godly living. I have nominated you for an award. Please come take a look.

Alexandra said...

These are so cute! I keep finding vintage templates at Google books. I found a really nice one the other day. I'll have to get a group together for posting. I posted a few vintage cut out cards for Valentine's day...I think they were cut outs, and if they weren't intended for this, they could certainly be used as cut- outs because they were profiles.

I really should organize my pictures better! They are all lumped together at Google's Picassa, and it takes me forever to find things.

Katrinka said...

Great idea for a more masculine recipient. I was actually looking over my scraps of wrapping paper this weekend and found some shiney foil type paper with fish and tackle boxes on it and was thinking of a way to use it. Using some kind of foil paper on the fish might work for simulating scales.

Mentioning the paper doilies at Wal-Mart, I wasn't really impressed with the amount I got for the price, so Dollar Tree is on my errand list for today . . .

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Thank you so much for these, Lady Lydia!

I was racking my brain trying to come up with something more suitable for young men (I have more nephews than nieces), and these look perfect (Well, maybe a computer or game station might be more appealing to some!).

Blessings to you,

Marqueta