Saturday, May 01, 2010

Where The Good Way Is


A picture from a nearby view looks just like scenes from times past.

The theme of this blog is the old paths. Following the old paths means to place a high value on the teachings of the Lord. No matter how modern we get, and how many conveniences we have, and how smart a generation is, they still have to be reminded to go back to the old paths, where the good walk is, when it comes to living.
More scenery from a road shows the beauty of God's handiwork in the sky.

Here is a quick and easy project for the home. It is a verse that will always be true, throughout the generations. It is worth meditating on daily.

Click on the picture, above, and then highlight it or save it. It can then be printed to put in a frame.

Remove the backing and padding of an 8inch by 10 inch frame for this project. There is no need to remove the staples; just bend them back with a butter knife, and when you finish the project, take the handle of the knife and press them down again. Wood frames are available at the dollar stores. This is an old one that will be re-painted.
Paint with craft paints of any kind. This one is painted with a plastic type of paint that shines. Before it dries, sparkle or any kind of texture can be added.

To understand the concept of this verse, you have to go back to the time of Jeremiah. The old paths to the Israelites were, of course, the commands to live by; the warnings, admonitions to be wise, understanding and to seek knowledge of the scripture.  The term old paths in the context of this verse, means the trodden path of God's faithful people, with regard to their souls. Those who cannot understand the depth of this verse will erroneously conclude that it means you have to wear sandals and walk through the desert for 40 years and only eat manna.  It is a spiritual lesson, that implores God's people to stay with His divine teachings in choices and in thoughts and in deeds and obedience.


Framed verses like this speak to the heart of everyone in the home. For a boy's room, tinker with your own fonts and find an appropriate background and frame.  This one sits on my desk.'




For more cheerful ideas and enterprises, you can go to places like Make Mine Pink or Cottage of the Month
and Mantel of the Month and look through the archives for the month you are interested in. I am sure there are more home tours and house tours each month online.   

14 comments:

Joyful said...

Great words, great verse and wonderful project.

Joyful said...

Great words, great verse and wonderful project.

Anonymous said...

I like Scripture as decoration in my home. I need to read the promises as I go about my work. Lovely color combinations.
L.
www.singlehomeschoolingmommas.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful~thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I have the ten commandments in a stand-up frame in my guest room. I like this scripture as well. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very lovely photos...esp. the sky!!
Lynn M

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Such a simple project, thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the printable verse and project idea. I am looking forward to making this. It is an excellent idea.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about the old path for awhile now and wanting to return all the way. I printed this picture and framed it in an older frame in 5 minutes! Simply beautiful. I printed in on 'BEST'! I learned again in church this morning: God is right and I am not....end of discussion! Live the way we are supposed to live! That means getting ALL the way back on the OLD path because this 'new path' is ridiculous and wrong! Lady Lydia...praises to you again! :)

Lydia said...

I forgot to say that you will have to trim around the print out, in order to fit the frame. The scan should be dark enough that you can see the edges to cut around.

Lydia said...

Would love to see a photo of your finished projects, and I would be willing to post them here.

Anonymous said...

I really like how this turned out...one of my favorite verses. It always jumps out at me.

~Alexandra

Housewife59 said...

What a lovely gift. Thank you. It has printed out beautifully and I shall be finding a nice frame. Pink goes really well doesn't it? I'm planning on using this to brighten my little hallway.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou also for mentioning the Cottage of the Month. I haden't looked at this months yet. It is so beautiful! Love the colors. I got several ideas from looking there for using the things I had.