Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sunny and Bright




It is sunny and bright here, although my camera doesn't quite catch it, and it is not like winter at all. 




So this morning I am sharing some festive color with you. 






We are getting ready for the Ladies Bible Class, where we always have teatome afterward.

That Holiday Bliss magazine was brought to me by someone and I am looking forward to reading it.


If some day you want to come to the Ladies Class, you may do so on Skype by contacting me first.

Also, if you need personal encouragement in your life as homemaker, I would be happy to start a Skype class for that. I also teach a class that began in the 1970's by Gwen Webb, called Training Up a Child, which is by far best teaching I have ever heard.  It outclasses anything written since then!

Please click the contact tab on the left and let me know if you would like to have a class. It can be limited to just a few sessions, or it can go on longer.

God bless you all.

Lydia




Here is an idea for  some light on the table: wrap one of those dollar store led-light necklaces around each charger or placemat, and around the centerpiece.


The chalkboard bag and scarf are from Dollar Tree, as well as are many other items in this post. Some of them were purchased in previous years, so may not be available this year.
Those are Victorian boots from Goodwill, but they look like they have not been worn. They fit me fine and I wore them to the outdoor winter wedding in the previous post.



Skinny trees are very much in demand these days, as they fit nicely in corners and do not take up so much floor space.  I have admired the ones at Hobby Lobby but did not want to spend the money or accumulate too many seasonal things.  Many years ago when Walmart had layaway,  I got this pre-lit artificial tree, but have not enjoyed using it because it requires shifting furniture around to make room for it.  This year as I pulled out the box in which it came, it occured to me that the box was quite thin for such full branches. The tree was always squashed down to fit in the skinny box, so I discovered there was already a skinny tree--I just did not fluff out the branches.  Maybe you have a skinny tree in your collection, too! 

                                             
Since the tree was already quite old, I felt I could alter it a bit, so I took it outside and spray painted the outer part with flat white paint, which also covered the lights, giving them a softer glow when plugged in.  To eliminate any leftover paint oder I got some of those pine scented ornaments.  I am really enjoying this much better this year, as it did not require so many ornaments. Arent those cameo ornaments nice? They are plastic, from Walmart.

I do have a  small tree  which my grandchildren decorated. I pressed the wired tree limbs downward to make another skinny tree, and also spray painted the flocking on this one. Those cute skate ornaments are from Dollar Tree, two for a dollar.







12 comments:

Christine said...

Thank you, Lydia. Your home always looks cozy and inviting. Blessings, Christine

living from glory to glory said...

Merry Christmas. Your home looks lovely and very festive. Enjoy each and every day hugs Roxy

Gayle said...

Loved the pops of red, so cozy and inviting. You have such a lovely home. Merry Christmas to you!

Anonymous said...

How can I get the pattern for the tea cozy? It is terrific!

Lydia said...

Typenin "Christmas Pudding tea cozy knit pattern." There are a lot of them for free

Rightthinker said...

So lovely, Lydia! I hope you enjoyed yourself at the Bible class and tea!

I feel like I was there with you!

God Bless you and Merry Christmas!

God's Grace Overflows said...

What a cozy home you have. I love what you did to your tree. That is such a great idea and those ice skate ornaments are way too cute!
I hope you have a Merry Christmas Lydia!
Blessings, Amy

Anonymous said...

Your home looks so lovely and festive. What a blessing for your family!

Blessed Homemaking said...

Your home looks just lovely. I have recently discovered Dollar Tree for myself here, and bought most of our decorations there. The thrift stores have also been a blessing to find things we wouldn't normally be able to get. I hope I can attend one of your classes soon. It would be so lovely. Is it just for grown ups, or are they for older girls too?

Lydia said...

Ahi Emily,

Anyone may attend!

ladypinktulip said...

I always feel right at home on Skype in your sweet house. I am making
our tree into a skinny tree too. Kelly

Texas Mom said...

I love what you did with the trees!♡♡♡